Advance Pay

Veterans and dependents utilizing Chapters 30, 35, and 1606 may also apply for advance pay. To be eligible for advance pay, veterans and dependents must submit their application and other documentation in accordance with the deadlines established each term by the Wallace Community College Office of Financial Aid. The advance payment is then mailed to the appropriate College location for delivery to the veteran on registration day. The advance payment includes an allowance for the portion of the month in which the school term begins as well as the next month’s allowance. Veterans and dependents will not receive another check until the end of the third calendar month of enrollment. Advance pay is based on full-time enrollment. If the veteran and dependent change enrollment status to less than full time, the result is an overpayment which the veteran or dependent is responsible for resolving with the Department of Veterans Affairs.

For additional information about the full range of veterans’ programs available through the Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans and dependents should contact their local Veterans Affairs Office, regional Veterans Affairs Office at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GIBILL), or the Wallace Community College Office of Financial Aid at 334-556-2476.