The Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program is a state student assistance program established by the Legislature of the State of Alabama and is designed to provide financial assistance to Alabama National Guard members who are residents of the State of Alabama and are enrolled in degree programs at accredited post-secondary institutions of higher learning located within the State of Alabama.
To be eligible for an Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program award the student must:
- Be at least 17 years of age; and
- Be an Alabama resident; and
- Be an active member in good standing with the Alabama National Guard; and
- Be a member of a federally recognized unit of the Alabama National Guard; and
- Have completed basic training
- Be enrolled in a certificate or degree program at an accredited college, university, community college, or technical college within the State of Alabama; and
- Maintain a cumulative 2.00 GPA Undergraduate; 3.00 GPA Graduate at end of each semester; and
- Must have the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
To complete the application, visit the Wallace Community College VA Office .
The completed application must be submitted to the Wallace Community College VA Office for further processing.
The application form and processing are subject to update each academic year. Contact the Wallace Community College VA Office for current details.