Wallace Community College awards financial assistance on a continuous basis for the entire year. Priority for limited campus based programs (FWS, FSEOG, and ASAP) is given to students whose applications are completed prior to May 1 of each year.
Students applying for financial aid must follow the steps below:
- Apply for admission and request an official high school transcript, GED® scores and certificates, and academic transcripts from other colleges previously attended.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may apply by one of three ways:
- FAFSA on the WEB (FOTW)—Students are encouraged to use this online method for completing the application process by visiting the following site, www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Download the PDF version of the FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov, FAFSA Filing Options— Students can access the PDF, complete the form on the computer, and print it, or print the form and complete it by hand. This form must be mailed to the processing center.
- FAFSA (paper)—Students and families can request up to three copies of the paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center toll free at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
- Every student must complete the application process for federal student financial aid. The FAFSA should be completed each year as soon after October 1 as possible. Wallace Community College strongly recommends all students, parents, and spouses, if applicable, upload the income tax information to their FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Complete verification documents if selected. Students who are selected are notified of the documentation requirements by the college.