Advancements in technology have greatly affected today’s automotive technician. Being a good mechanic is not enough. Today a technician must possess excellent mechanical skills, be knowledgeable of electronics, be able to diagnose complex problems, and be committed to keeping pace with future advancements. More than 100,000 jobs are available to qualified applicants, but technical training and hands-on experience are required.
Students are trained on late-model vehicles with modern equipment used in a classroom and laboratory setting. Students must purchase their own books, supplies, and tools as required on the tool list.
Admission is conditional and depends on the student’s ability to perform the essential functions identified for this program. Reasonable accommodations are considered.
Area II: Humanities and Fine Arts
Area V: Career and Technical Courses
Upon successful completion of all Semester 1 courses students are:
- Eligible to take ASE A-1 Engine Repair Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-5 Brakes Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-6 Electrical/Electronic Systems Exam
Upon successful completion of all Semester 2 courses students are:
- Eligible to take ASE A-4 Steering and Suspension Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-3 Manual Drive Train and Axles Exam
Upon successful completion of all Semester 4 courses students are:
- Eligible to take the ASE A-2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-8 Engine Performance Exam
- Eligible to take the L-3 Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Certification Exam