The Automotive Technology short term certificate (STC) program is an entry-level program designed to develop technicians capable of high quality automotive service and maintenance. Courses in this program are carefully articulated with the Automotive Technology Program, allowing students to move on without repeating course work. The STC provides the necessary educational background and practical training to service today’s automobiles and light trucks. Theoretical knowledge and practical experience are combined to provide students with the occupational skills needed to be successful. The training certificate program prepares graduates for entry-level positions that include technician or apprentice technician in an automotive dealership, technicians for repair and services establishments. This is a career program designed for students to go directly into the labor market upon completion.
All Automotive Technology programs are accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation/Automotive Service Excellence (NATEF/ASE).
Upon successful completion of the following Semester 1 courses students are:
- Eligible to take ASE A-1 Engine Repair Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-5 Brakes Exam
- Eligible to take ASSE-6 Electrical/Electronic Systems Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-4 Steering and Suspension Exam
Upon successful completion of the following Semester 2 courses students are:
- Eligible to take ASE A-7 Heating and Air Conditioning Exam
- Eligible to take ASE A-8 Engine Performance Exam