The College Bookstores are owned and operated by Wallace Community College and are located in Cunningham Hall on the Wallace Campus and in the Administration Building on the Sparks Campus. The purpose of the Bookstores is to provide the College community with a selection of high quality goods and services at an affordable price, with particular attention given to academic requirements.
|Monday-Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Monday-Thursday||7:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
The Bookstores will extend regular hours during the beginning of the semester as needed. Special hours will be sent to student email accounts. Bookstore hours are subject to change without notice. Hours may vary when classes are not in session.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment may be made by cash, personal check, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®.
The following policy governs payment by check:
- Checks are accepted for the amount of purchase only.
- A current driver's license must be presented.
- Checks must be made payable to Wallace Community College (two-party and counter checks are not accepted).
- Phone number, student number, and address must be recorded on face of check.
All students can return unopened class materials within 5 days of purchase or pickup (if ordered online) to receive a full refund. Also students who drop a class, withdraw from school, or have a class that is cancelled are eligible for full refunds. Refunds for textbooks will be granted, provided that the following conditions are met:
- Returns MUST be accompanied by cash register receipt.
- Books MUST be in mint condition and in their original unopened packaging.
- All components of a packaged item must be returned together, unopened, and in the original shrink-wrap to receive a full refund. All components of an item must come back in the same shipment to receive refund.
- Non-activated eBooks, digital content, and access codes can be returned within five business days of purchase or pickup for a full refund.
- If the initial five-business day return period is missed, the book may be eligible for buyback at the end of the semester.
- Textbooks that have been damaged may be eligible for buyback at the end of the semester.
- All returns are to be taken to the Bookstore Manager for processing.
- Textbooks for cancelled courses must be returned within one week of the cancellation, with proof of the cancellation.
- Bookstore management reserves the right to make decisions regarding the condition of the merchandise.
- Shipping charges on returns are not refundable; only the item cost is refundable.
- Merchandise sales (including apparel, kits, and supplies) are non-returnable.
BOOK BUY-BACK POLICY
Textbooks may be sold back to the Bookstores during final exams at the end of each term. Book buy-back is conducted during regular business hours and in accordance with the following policy:
- Students must provide their student number, current schedule, or driver's license.
- Not all titles are eligible for buy-back in the Bookstores. The Bookstores will only purchase current Wallace Community College titles.
- Normal markings and underlining are expected; however, books with excessive markings, water stains, broken bindings, loose pages, heavy soiling, etc. will not be eligible for buy-back.
- Book buy-back is on a first-come basis. Once quantity goals have been met and funds depleted, book buy-back will be closed to students.
BOOK RESERVATION PROCEDURES
In order to purchase course materials from the Bookstores, appointments must be made using the online portal. Specific instructions will be emailed to students prior to the start of each semester.