The College Bookstores are owned and operated by Wallace Community College and are located in Cunningham Hall on the Wallace Campus and in the Administration Building on the Sparks Campus. The purpose of the Bookstores is to provide the College community with a selection of high quality goods and services at an affordable price, with particular attention given to academic requirements.
|Monday-Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
The Bookstores will extend regular hours during the beginning of the semester as needed. Special hours will be posted. Bookstore hours are subject to change without notice. Hours may vary when classes are not in session.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payment may be made by cash, personal check, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®. The following policy governs payment by check:
- Checks are accepted for the amount of purchase only.
- A current driver license must be presented.
- Checks must be made payable to Wallace Community College (two-party and counter checks are not accepted).
- Phone number, student number, and address must be recorded on face of check.
All sales are final unless the student drops a class, withdraws from school, or a class is cancelled. Refunds for textbooks will be granted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Returns MUST be accompanied by cash register receipt and drop or withdrawal slip.
- Books MUST be in mint condition and in their original unopened packaging. New textbooks that have been damaged will be refunded at used book prices. Workbooks, study guides, and lab manuals are non-refundable if written in or if erasure marks are visible.
- Non-required course materials, supplies, clothing, etc. are not returnable.
- Returns will be accepted only during the first 10 days of the term for which they were purchased. After this period, refunds are considered on an individual basis.
- All returns are to be taken to the Bookstore Manager for processing.
- Textbooks for cancelled courses must be returned within one week of the cancellation, with proof of the cancellation.
- Bookstore management reserves the right to make decisions regarding the condition of the merchandise.
BOOK BUY-BACK POLICY
Textbooks may be sold to the Bookstores during final exams at the end of each term. Book buy-back is conducted during regular business hours and in accordance with the following policy.
- Students must provide their student identification number, current schedule, or driver license.
- Not all titles are eligible for buy-back in the Bookstores. The Bookstores will only purchase current Wallace Community College titles. The quantity and current titles to be purchased will be available to students a week prior to final exams.
- Normal markings and underlining are expected; however, books with excessive markings, water stains, broken bindings, loose pages, heavy soiling, etc. will not be purchased.
- Book buy-back is on a first-come basis. Once quantity goals have been met and funds depleted, book buy-back will be closed to students.
BOOK RESERVATION PROCEDURES
All students on financial aid are encouraged to reserve their books after they register for classes and tuition has been receipted in the Business Office. Students will pick out their books at the appropriate Bookstore. Textbook charges will be applied to their financial aid. Books will be bundled and held for the student to pick up on the first day of class. Books not picked up after five days will be returned to inventory. A photo ID and schedule will be required to reserve and pick up books.
Scholarship students and students on Federal Grants may pick up their reserved books on the first day of class. Students on student loans are not eligible to reserve their books.
To pick up reserved books, students are required to present their student identification number and photo identification.
Books on loan to athletic scholarship recipients must be returned by the last day of final exams. Failure to return books will result in grades and/or transcripts being held and further enrollment denied.