Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit Students

Students are eligible for admission as dual enrollment/dual credit students if they desire to take courses for high school and college credit, if their school system has a signed Dual Enrollment agreement with Wallace Community College to participate in this program, and if they meet the following criteria:


  1. Complete a Dual Enrollment Application online and a Statement of Eligibility for Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit High School Students.
  2. The Statement of Eligibility for Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit form must be signed by the student's high school counselor, the student, and the parent/legal guardian. The Statement of Eligibility must denote the class(es) that are approved by the high school for the dual enrollment student. 
  3. A high school transcript is required to verify the student’s eligibility for the Dual Enrollment program.  The required cumulative grade point average is a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted). 
  4. Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader  as defined by each secondary education entity’s promotion/retention policy. An exception may be granted through ACCS waiver requests including but not limited to students documented as gifted and talented under Alabama Administrative Code §290-8-9.12. 
  5. Take a state approved placement test unless students meet placement minimums with ACT scores for math and English courses.
  6. Meet the admissions criteria of Wallace Community College.
  7. Students who meet the criteria for initial admission for a Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit program will maintain continuous eligibility so long as they earn a grade of C or better in all attempted college courses. Students who fail to meet this minimum grade requirement or who withdraw from a course will be suspended from the program for a minimum of one term. The one-term suspension may not be served during the summer. The student may not re-enroll until the suspension has been served. For re-entry, the student must reapply to the program and must meet the minimum grade point average requirement.


Students may enroll in academic transfer, career-technical or health education courses in accordance with guidelines of the Alabama Community College System.

Dual Enrollment credit is transcripted conditionally until the student completes high school graduation requirements. Students must submit an official high school transcript upon graduation to finalize the awarding of college credit for dual enrollment courses.