Students qualified to pay in-state tuition on the Wallace Campus in Dothan are Alabama residents; Georgia residents from Baker, Calhoun, Clay, Decatur, Early, Miller, Quitman, Randolph, and Seminole Counties; and Florida residents from Bay, Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Walton, and Washington Counties. Students qualified to pay in-state tuition on the Sparks Campus in Eufaula are Alabama residents and Georgia residents from Baker, Chattahoochee, Calhoun, Clay, Dougherty, Early, Marion, Miller, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Stewart, Sumter, Terrell, and Webster Counties. Military personnel assigned to an active military installation in Alabama and their immediate family members also qualify for in-state tuition.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes:
- A veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill ®
- A veteran or dependant using the Post-9/11 GI Bill ® benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319)
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program - beginning 8/1/2022.
- The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679 as amended.
Other qualifying categories may be determined by the Admissions and Records Office.