Student Rights and Responsibilities Regarding Financial Aid
As a student, you have the right to know the following information regarding financial aid at Wallace Community College:
- Financial aid programs that are available.
- Educational programs and services that are available.
- Cost of attendance for programs.
- Application process for all financial aid programs, including deadlines.
- How financial aid recipients are selected.
- Procedures for appealing decisions made by Financial Aid staff members.
- How the College determines your financial need.
- How and when you will receive your financial aid funds.
- Wallace Community College refund policy.
- Job description and rate of pay for any job assigned under the Federal Work-Study program.
- How the College determines if you are making satisfactory academic progress and what happens if you are not.
As a student, you have the following responsibilities:
- Completing applications correctly and on time.
- Reading and understanding all materials sent to you from the Office of Financial Aid and other agencies.
- Keeping copies of all documents submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Knowing and complying with the rules governing financial aid you receive.
- Providing all documentation and information requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Registering for the number of hours required for your financial aid disbursement.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Using financial aid only for expenses related to attending Wallace Community College.
- Checking your College student e-mail account for financial aid information.
- Keeping your e-mail and mailing addressees up to date with the College and other financial aid agencies.
- Informing the Office of Financial Aid of all colleges you are attending or have previously attended.