Student Support Services (SSS) is available on the Wallace and Sparks Campuses to eligible students free of charge to students who desire academic tutoring and other support services. SSS provides services in two different phases to ensure participants progress toward their academic goals - First-Year College Experience and Sophomore Challenge phases. The TRiO SSS staff takes a holistic approach in serving while ensuring that participants engage in a multifaceted experience to bridge the gap from high school to community college to four-year college or university. Such services will consist of the following activities:
First-Year College Experience
- Academic Preparation—intensive brush-up before placement test to minimize excessive developmental courses
- Learning Communities
- Success Seminars—design to improve studying techniques
- Early Alert—allow SSS Staff to intervene when necessary
- Academic Advising—planned sessions
- Academic Preparation
- Supplemental Instruction
- Early Registration
- Intrusive Advising
- Relevant Experiences—provide experience outside the classroom
- College Tours
- Transitional Sessions with emphasis on soft skills
- Experiential Learning—provide internships, etc.
For additional information, contact the Student Support Services staff at either campus.