Transcripts of Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (FERPA), also known as the Buckley Amendment (PL93- 380), will apply to the handling of student records at Wallace Community College. Transcripts must be requested through Parchment or online through myWCC.

In compliance with FERPA, Wallace Community College does not release transcripts from the College except when students submit requests online through myWCC or through Parchment. Students or former students who desire transcripts of their records must submit request online through myWCC or Parchment, well in advance of the time the transcript is needed. Students must give all names that may have been entered on their records. Students may secure unofficial transcripts through their myWCC account, but official transcripts are sent only to colleges or organizations.

Wallace Community College does not issue copies of transcripts from another school. Transcripts are not issued to students who have failed in some way to complete admission requirements. Advance notice of 72 hours is required on all transcript requests.