Wallace Community College is a major provider of workforce development services in Southeast Alabama. The College believes that preparing students for the workplace is an important part of its mission to promote economic progress.
In addition to credit programs and services, the College offers a number of services that are specifically aimed at improving workplace readiness and skill levels of adults in the region. These programs are listed below. Continuing education and customized training for business and industry is also available. Please go to www.wallace.edu/wfd for more information.
Wallace Community College Workforce Development Division is pleased to offer the following certificate courses:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – 25 days
- Dental Assistant – 20 weeks
- Eye Care Assistant – 14 weeks
- Pre-apprentice Electrical Lineworker – 7 weeks
- Professional Medical Coding – 40 weeks
- Ready to Work – 6-8 weeks
- Sheet Metal Technician – 10 weeks
- Industrial Welding – 12 weeks
- MSSC Certification – 2 weeks and up